Friday, June 19, 2015

Mama Cried by Talia Haven


Mama Cried

Mama Cried by Talia Haven
Kindle Edition, 12 pages
Published January 9th 2015 by Sheehan and Haven

Jenny was enjoying herself on the swings when Azula, one of the guardians of the playground came to take her away.

Together they journey to a cinder building where Jenny must make a powerful decision.

My thoughts about Mama Cried ~~ 
'I lean back, leg and arms stretched straight, hair streaming behind me. Part way throught the arch forward, I bend my arms, pull my body upright and pump my legs harder.' 
This is the opening line from Mama Cried. Just reading that took me back to my childhood where I was imagining myself swinging high on our old swingset. So I was hooked. Mama Cried is a very interesting short story and I am always amazed when authors are able to put so much into so few words.
'So many children have come and gone with their puppies over time. It seems like the playground is always getting new arrivals. Some stay for a awhile; others leave soon after they arrive. Now one of the guardians has come for me.'
Hmmmm. This story didn't go where I thought it was going to go. I like stories like that, ones that surprise me and keep me thinking about it after I am done.




Be sure to check the sidebar for my current giveaways!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for leaving me a comment! Every single one means a whole lot to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...